Running a Business is Hard
You start a business, the excitement is high, you have momentum, and then things get hard. Things get really hard.
Two common issues when growing home service company include:
- Being understaffed (in busy seasons)
- Being overstaffed (in slow seasons)
You’re constantly trying to oscillate between having enough work and having enough team members to perform the work. This is not an easy task.
At Revive Washing, we are working hard to service homeowners with our soft washing, gutter cleaning, roof cleaning, and window cleaning services. Balancing servicing our clients with making sure our crews have enough work is challenging.
We have tools available today to help us run our business. Some technology that we utilize include:
- Jobber – This is field service software and allows us to send our customers quotes, schedule our crews, invoice our clients, and keep track of our clients and their job history. When a client calls from a previous season and wants the same service, we can book their same job within 30 seconds. No doubt, Jobber makes our life easier.
- Google My Business – It’s super important to have a Google My Business Page. We get a lot of clients reading our online reviews and calling us for a quote. Prospective buyers put a high level trust online reviews from other consumers.
- Responsibid – This is our online sales estimator. A prospective client can go on our website and get an instant quote. This is a great tool to have on your web-site to convert traffic into leads
- Google Sheets – Our google sheets have many pages that keep our financials organized. We have a budget that we follow to ensure we are on track with our expenses. We also track sales and production numbers on Google Sheets
Running a service business is not complicated. The formula is fairly simple. However just because it is simple, does not mean it’s easy. It takes hours and hours of hard work and sacrifice. It is not easy.
Thank you for reading!
-DaveBack to Blog